Whether you have 4 or 4000 readers of your blog, it’s important to communicate any changes so that your readers know what the blog is about, what to expect and when to expect it. If you don’t post when you say you are going to post or all of a sudden change the whole purpose of the blog, you could lose your readers.
My Writing Notebook plans from 1st May 2012
This post is about communicating my plans, as I’ll be changing the frequency and the focus in a few days time. The content will continue to be the same though, which is writing tips and writing progress, but it will no longer be a daily challenge and so will no longer begin with a note number. Although I called the name of the blog My Writing Challenge, I purposely didn’t use this as the URL, so that I can rename and continue writing posts after the challenge has ended.
So, in summary the changes (sometime in May) will be:
- To change the name on the top of the blog page to My Writing Notebook.
- To create a My Writing Challenge menu option.
- To continue adding writing tips on anything I learn or get requests for.
- To update you all on my progress as a writer.
- To redesign the site so that it becomes a lot more user-friendly and easy to look up previous posts.
I’m continuing to post on this blog because I’m passionate about helping others through my writing. I’m also very grateful to my readers for encouraging me and supporting my writing challenge with comments and ‘likes’ (more about that tomorrow).
2 days of My Writing Challenge to go…