When I wrote the post Decluttering Daily Leads to Writing Daily on 14 January 2020, I didn’t know where it was going to lead. For anyone that isn’t following me on blog.sandramadeira.com, why not hop over and have a look at a selection of the 366 posts that show my daily decluttering and clearing progress over the last year.
As my passion is writing and inspiring others, I’m still making notes for future posts for this year but I won’t be posting every day.
Updating my blog daily did get a bit tiring particularly as I was usually writing up the day’s events late into the evening; however, my determination kept me going.
This year I will be taking things at a slower pace. I’ve realised the hard way that it’s impossible to focus on clearing when feeling overwhelmed, and that’s always a good time to take time out.
Clutter comes in many forms, for example… physical, mental and emotional. It’s taken many years to build up the clutter and it’s taking more time than I expected to eliminate it all. Having said that, I’ve made steady progress throughout 2020 and I’m proud of my achievements.
Below are a selection from the 366 posts from the challenge that I set myself last year which was to create space in my home, my garden and my mind…
- Declutter your mind… take a bath
- Organising the chocolates or eat them
- A reason to buy beautiful fresh flowers
- 61 pairs of shoes and 4 cans of paint
- Tackling a small pile of papers before it gets out of control
- The cost of clutter and procrastination
- Getting prepared for home working
- Decluttering the emotions
- Practising patience in the midst of cleaning
- Uncovering a small water fountain in the garden
- Walking (and a bit of blogging) helps with lockdown stress
- The kitchen is for dancing but not for clutter castles
- Letting our teens paint the lounge (part 1)
- Making clutter disappear without really getting rid of anything
- Getting things done in my cluttered hideaway
- The cleaning bug is catching
- Decluttering progress in the garage and saving the marigolds
- Anniversary celebrations
- Dejunking my mind and clearing clutter castles by the bed
- A week off and a glimpse of a lifestyle change
- Clutter sketching forces me to slow down
- Sorting out the spare room cup a leads to an evening of fun
- An afternoon by the sea clears the mind
- Let clutter be your teacher, uncovering feelings that are buried deep
- Goodbye silver birches, hello opportunity
- Cluttered minds don’t know the concept of simple
- It’s important to ramp up the self care when you have a lot going on
- Why am I not feeling stressed about the mess
- Thinking about organising paperwork and wondering why I’m not feeling stressed about it
- Inspired by the space in the new study
- The clearing path is taking me on a journey
- En-suite bathroom complete and a relaxing evening
- A painting challenge in the tricky cupboard
- Knowing when to listen to your body and relax
- The chandelier has gone
- A shock in the lounge and Xmas decs get a new home
- It’s all about storage me today I repurposed a cupboard I free up more space
- It only takes 5 minutes to clear a desk
Enjoy… and Happy New Year!
Until next time…