I have been nominated to receive a Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely & talented Vikki (The View Outside). Thank you so much – I really appreciate it…
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the award-givers and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
So, with the first step completed, here are 7 things about myself:
- I went travelling once – On this day 10 years ago, I was on ‘Day 8′ of my travels around the world. I wrote in a journal every day for 8 months. From last week I have been reading each entry and seeing how I have changed, including my view of life and how I feel about things.
- I wear glasses – I’m long-sighted more in one eye than the other. Although I can see okay without my glasses, I use them to prevent eye strain; however I would love to switch to contact lenses.
- Holiday - I haven’t been on holiday for nearly 3 years (ahhh, I hear you say!).
- Park benches – I’ve got this thing about sitting on park benches to think, write or read. Even just seeing an empty park bench with a view makes me feel happy.
- I can play the piano – my dad started to teach me to play the piano from an early age and encouraged me to go to lessons and I remember getting up to grade 5 in the exams. I continued with this right up to my early teens….and then in my late teens I discovered going out! However, playing the piano was a skill I never forgot and I can still read music now – in fact my dad asked me to play something the other day and it was just like the old days!
- Jumping out of a plane - When I was travelling in New Zealand, I did a tandem skydive over Lake Taupo (and I have photos and a video to prove it!). Unlike everyone else that signed up days before, I made a last-minute decision and went for it. Although it was nerve-racking at the time, it was also so much fun.
- Michael Bublé – I’m a bit of a fan. What more can I say? …but have only seen him on TV.
I would now like to nominate the following people (in no particular order) for a Versatile Blogger Award:
- Jamie Raintree
- Bill Polm – Keys to Writing
- Suzanna – Write it Sideways
- Sarah Baughman – A Line at a time
- Awesomely Awake
- The Literary Mom
- Productive Writers
Thanks again Vikki!