I came across the word omniscient today which is not a word I’ve seen before, but once I started my research I realised that there are many words that begin with omni. So, I’ll begin with that definition.
- Omniscient means knowing all things or “having complete or unlimited knowledge” (source: dictionary.reference.com).
- Omnificent is an adjective meaning “unlimited in creative power” according to Merriam-Webster.com and its first known use was in 1677.
- Omnivore is an animal that eats both plants and other animals (wiki.answers.com).
- Omnipresent means present everywhere (omni is described by macmillondictionary.com as meaning ‘everywhere’ or ‘everything’).
- Omnipotent means powerful over everything (source: macmillondictionary.com).
That’s all for today. Please leave me a comment if you know of any other words with the prefix omni. Thank you.
- Prefixes (editorspen.wordpress.com)