Six months ago I set up my writing notebook blog and the challenge that began on 1st May 2011 was for me to learn a new writing tip every day for a year and blog about it to teach others. I’m now half way there and determined to continue.
What I have achieved in this time
I feel that I’ve come a long way since that day (30 April 2011) when I was peeling potatoes, wishing I could spend more time on my writing. Funnily enough I was peeling potatoes again today and thought how I should update my readers on my progress over the past six months.
- I have a publisher interested in my book ‘A Gift for Stressed and Busy Parents’ (see Tips and Luxuries website for introduction).
- I have a new blog ‘OpenLeaf Journey’ which explains how I found OpenLeaf and the many opportunities that have arisen.
- I have had an article published on Technorati.com.
- Writing Magazine published a piece about this blog.
- I am doing an online freelance writing course with the help of Daily Writing Tips and I am learning loads.
- I am now a freelance writer (still an unpaid one, but getting there!) and have a website showing the services I provide.
- I have a writing plan on the wall and ‘writing time’ features a lot more in my day than I did at the beginning.
- I’m part of postaday2011 (an experiment in blogging motivation from the folks at WordPress.com).
- I have 34 followers on this blog and many more on Twitter and Facebook.
- My blog stats show 3,329 hits since 30 April 2011.
My life is busier than ever but things are definitely slotting into place. I have also proved to myself that writing is my passion. I will continue to share my notes with you over the next six months and who knows what will happen beyond that.
I hope you will continue to stay with me. Please feel free to subscribe to my blogs if you wish – just click ‘sign me up’ on the home page. Alternatively you can follow me on Twitter @madeirasandra or my new Tips and Luxuries Facebook page.
Please visit www.sandramadeira.com for more information on my services as a freelance writer.
My other blogs:
My OpenLeaf Journey
My Tips and Luxuries website
(includes the introduction to my upcoming book ‘A Gift for Stressed and Busy Parents’)
Twitter: @madeirasandra @tipsandluxuries @OpenLeafJourney
Pingback: Note 289 – My Writing Challenge Progress « My writing challenge - February 13, 2012